OFFCUTS PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
OFFCUTS ("we", "our" or "OFFCUTS") is committed to protecting the privacy of third parties (including its customers and all visitors to the website www.offcutsshoes.co.uk (the "Website"). Please read the following Privacy and Cookies Policy which explains how we use and protect your information.
Key points to note
- This Privacy and Cookies Policy will apply to your use of the Website, which are operated by Office Holdings Limited ("OFFCUTS") of Classic House, Martha's Buildings, 180 Old Street, London, EC1V 9BP.
- When you use our Website or request services from us (such as buying shoes) we may collect Personal Information from you. This Privacy and Cookies Policy explains what Personal Information we collect and how we will only process this information (i) to provide our services to you, (ii) to comply with our legal obligations, (iii) for the purposes of our legitimate business interests (namely to analyse the use of our Websites and products to continually improve our business and your customer experience) or (iv) where we have your consent.
- You can ask us to stop using some of your Personal Information at any time and have the right to ask us to delete some of the Personal Information that we hold about you. Just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use this email address if you have any questions about this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
- In addition to this Privacy and Cookies Policy please take the time to read our Terms and Conditions.
1. WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY?
We always try to protect your personal privacy and this Privacy and Cookies Policy is here to help you understand what we may do with any information you share with us. This Privacy and Cookies Policy only relates to the processing of your Personal Information by OFFCUTS or on our behalf. OFFCUTS only accepts responsibility for our Website and does not extend to any websites that are linked from our Website.
We will only use information from which you can be identified, such as your name, contact details and financial information ("Personal Information") which is provided to us, or otherwise obtained by us, in accordance with this Privacy Statement. We will ensure that your Personal Information is handled in accordance with the "Data Protection Legislation" (as defined at the end of this policy).
You can access our Website homepages and browse our Website without providing your Personal Information to us (save for some limited information we may collect depending on your browser settings), but if you do choose to give us your Personal Information by contacting us through the Website (or otherwise engaging with us), you acknowledge that we may collect, use and transfer your Personal Information as set out in this Privacy and Cookies Policy. If you do not agree with this Privacy and Cookies Policy, do not give us your details.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy is part of our Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to change this Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time and you should therefore check this page frequently to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
2. WHO CONTROLS THE COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In this Privacy and Cookies Policy, "OFFCUTS", "we", "us" and "our", refer to OFFICE Holdings Limited, registered in England and Wales with registered office Classic House, Martha's Buildings, 180 Old Street, London, EC1V 9BP. Our company registration number is 1764341. Our VAT registration number is 340010335.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation, we are deemed to be the "data controller" in respect of any Personal Information that you provide to us in connection with the operation of our business or we otherwise obtain about you.
3. CHILDREN'S PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may only engage or register with us or buy products from us if you are aged 18 or over.
Some of the products on our Website are for children. We are aware that we must take extra precautions when processing the Personal Information of children. If you are under the age of 18, and your parent or guardian has given you permission and supervises your use of our Website, you are welcome to browse our Websites but if you want to do anything further, including contacting us, registering with us or buying products from us, you must ask a parent or guardian to do so for you.
Parents take note! If you have given your child permission to use our Websites you are responsible for reading this Privacy and Cookies Policy and ensuring that you understand how we will make use of your child’s Personal Information. You will also be responsible for supervising your child’s use of our Websites and services.
4. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
When you engage with us (e.g. purchase shoes or other products from us, use, register or create an online account on our Website, subscribe to any of our services, sign up to updates, post content on our Website, voluntarily provide us with feedback, contact us via social media websites, or otherwise), we may collect the below Personal Information from you. Please ensure that the Personal Information that you provide to us is accurate and complete and notify us if any changes are made to your Personal Information so that we may update our records.
This Personal Information may include:
- your title, name and surname;
- your contact phone number and e-mail address.
- your date of birth (so we can send you a birthday treat!)
- demographic information such as preferences and interests; and
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
5. WHOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION MIGHT WE COLLECT AND WHY?
In particular, we will collect and process the following information:
5.1 People who register or place an order with us
When you place an order with OFFCUTS, we ask for your name, e-mail address, delivery address, billing address, mobile phone number and credit card details (as well as expiry date) or other payment details. We keep a record of this information so that we can recognise you and fulfil any orders you place securely with OFFCUTS. We retain details of your orders and copies of any e-mail, social media or written correspondence you send us in order to maintain high standards of customer service. Once you have placed your order, you will then be able to check on your order status, manage your address book and stored payment methods and speed up the ordering process.
5.2 People who provide services to us and other business contacts
Where you or your employer (or any other third party you work for) provide services to us, you and/or they may provide us with some of your Personal Information in connection with the provision of the services, such as your name, business contact details and other ID information. We will only process such Personal Information in connection with the provision of the services (such as using your contact details to discuss the services) and in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy. In addition, where necessary, we may also share your Personal Information with our customers or other third parties in order to provide our services (e.g. if you or your business provide a courier service, we may share your business contact details with our customers so that they can contact you about a delivery).
6. TECHNICAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We also automatically collect certain limited information about your device, your visits to our Website and when you contact our staff through the online chat help system which may be considered Personal Information. Technical Information may include:
- Device data. We may collect information about the type of device or platform you use (such as a computer or mobile device) to access our Websites and your choice of web browser.
- Location data. Your use of our Websites may generate geographical data, such as the location or time zone of a device or IP address, which we may collect.
- Log data about your visit. Your use of our Website automatically generates information about your unique visit which we may collect. This can include uniform resource locators (URLs), data about your internet service provider, the number and timing of clicks to and from the content on our Website, which events you view, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction data (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), email engagement rates and activities, and methods used to browse away from the page. Typically we will not be able to identify you from this information.
- Data about your interactions. Our websites may provide you with the opportunity to interact with content in certain ways, such as by sharing content on social media. These interactions create data which we may collect, for example, the contents of a post or comment, or whether a link or image was shared using a particular social media network.
For more information, please see the relevant section of our Terms and Conditions.
7. PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may receive Personal Information from third parties who collect Personal Information from you and pass it on to us. For example, our staff may give us emergency contact information as part of our emergency scenario planning and details of their dependents and of other people in relation to their employee benefits arrangements. Where this is the case the third party is responsible for ensuring you are aware of this policy and to ensure you are happy with the ways in which your Personal Information will be used.
8. HOW WE WILL USE YOUR DETAILS
We are committed to protecting your Personal Information and we will only use or disclose your Personal Information to (i) perform the contract we have with you, (ii) comply with our legal obligations, (iii) for our legitimate business interests (such as to analyse and improve our Websites, products and services), (iv) personalise your experience when you visit our Websites, (v) where you apply for a job with us, process your application and (vi) for any other purposes for which you have given your explicit consent.
In order to process your order we will send you a confirmation email or we may need to contact you by telephone or email to verify your details before we are able to process and dispatch your order or we may be unable to accept your order.
Where you have explicitly consented or where we otherwise have a right to do so, we may from time to time contact you by post, electronic mail or mobile phone messaging about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact information which you have provided. Registration enables you to update your preferences of the marketing that you wish to receive and how we send it to you. You may opt out of receiving these marketing communications by simply following the instructions outlined in the email or mobile phone message.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes by email or mail. This will only happen where you have opted-in to receive such communications. We may also use the information to customise the Websites according to your interests.
9. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not share your Personal Information with third parties unless we have your explicit consent, need to share this information to enable us to fulfil our contract with you, are required by law or where otherwise necessary for our internal business processes.
For example, where you purchase products from us, if you pay by card, your card details will be shared with third parties as necessary to process your transaction. We need to contact card issuers for validation checks and authorisation on all card payments. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery. OFFCUTS will validate the names, addresses and other information supplied during the order process against commercially available records (e.g. Electoral Roll data, Credit Reference Services) and a third party may be instructed to complete these checks. By ordering from our Websites (or via our App) you acknowledge that such checks shall be made. We may also need to provide your Personal Information to PayPal or other payment processors. Any Personal Information you provide may also be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of the information. These measures are taken as extra protection for you, to ensure your online shopping experience with us is as safe and secure as possible. We also share your Personal Information to third parties for purposes of delivery of the products to you and for the purpose of processing your order.
Where you have explicitly opted-in to such communications, OFFCUTS may, from time to time, share your Personal Information with its affiliated companies, OFFICE & Offspring. These may contact you by post, by electronic mail services or mobile phone messaging about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the delivery or email address which you have provided. You may opt-out of receiving any such communications by following the instructions outlined in the communication, contacting us using the details below or contacting OFFICE/Offspring directly.
If we are sold or merged with another company we may disclose your information to a potential buyer, including your Personal Information and other information concerning your relationship with us, so that they can continue to provide our products and services to you.
We may share your Personal Information with third parties, such as Facebook, Instgram or via other third party advertising that may appear on other websites you use, where we have a legitimate business interest for doing so. Where we are relying on legitimate business interests for the processing of data, we will first consider whether or not these interests are outweighed by your interests, rights and freedoms.
10. TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE EEA
All your Personal Information is stored on our secure servers or those of our group companies or suppliers which may be situated outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA"). All such transfers take place in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
Your Personal Information may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our group companies or suppliers. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Personal Information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy and the Data Protection Legislation when it is processed in, or otherwise accessed from, a location outside the EEA. This means that we will only transfer your Personal Information to third parties outside the EEA if that third party (a) is situated in a country that has been confirmed by the European Commission to provide adequate protection to Personal Information, (b) has agreed (by way of written contract containing the European Commission-approved "model clauses" or by some other form of data transfer mechanism approved by the European Commission) to provide all protections to your Personal Information as required by the Data Protection Legislation or (c) we have your explicit consent to do so. Where any transfer takes place under a written contract, you have the right to request a copy of that contract and may do so by contacting us using the details below. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that the UK is no longer a part of the EEA, references in this paragraph to the EEA shall mean the EEA and the UK.
11. ABOUT COOKIES AND HOW WE USE THEM
Cookies are small pieces of information in the form of text files that are sent to your browser from our web server and are stored on your computer. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than information about how you use the site and the data you choose to share with us (including data you automatically share with us by way of your browser settings).
There are essentially 3 different types of cookies that we use on our Websites:
- Cookies essential to website operations - These cookies allow you to browse the OFFCUTS website, search for products and add items to your basket.
- Non-essential but helpful cookies - These cookies help improve your experience on the site by allowing us to make alternative product suggestions based on which products you view.
- Analytics and Marketing cookies - Analytical cookies monitor how you use our site and help us identify areas where we can improve the site. Marketing cookies are used when you visit the site via our emails or via other partner sites (affiliates) and give us visibility of how you found our site.
You can set up your computer so that it rejects cookies and you will find instructions on how to do this at www.allaboutcookies.org. It may be that your browser provider will ask you to set your preferences for cookies. Please note that the choices you make will affect the content you see on offcutsshoes.co.uk. If you have all cookies disabled on your computer, your shopping experience on our Websites will be limited to browsing and researching – you won't be able to add products to your shopping basket or buy from us online. Please view our section 'Managing Cookies' below for more information.
Full details of the cookies that we use (as of May 25 2018) are listed below
To verify the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet:
For PCs: click on 'Help' at the top of your browser window and select the 'About' option
For Macs: with the browser window open and active, click on the Apple menu and select the 'About' option
- From the Chrome menu in the top right corner of the browser, select Settings.
- At the bottom of the page, click Show advanced settings....
- Under Privacy, select Content settings.... To manage cookie settings, check or uncheck the options under "Cookies".
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Click on settings icon at the top of your browser window and select "Internet options" , then click on the "Privacy" tab
- Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser
- Please note that settings above "Medium" will disable cookies
- Click the menu button and choose Options.
- Select the Privacy and Security panel and go to the History section.
- In the drop-down menu next to Firefox will, choose Use custom settings for history.
- If you are troubleshooting problems with cookies, make sure that Accept third-party cookies is NOT set to Never.
- Choose how long cookies are allowed to be stored.
- Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
- Choose Safari > Preferences, click Privacy
- Change which cookies and website data are accepted: Select a "Cookies and website data" option:
- Always block: Safari doesn’t let any websites, third parties, or advertisers store cookies and other data on your Mac. This may prevent some websites from working properly.
- Allow from current website only: Safari accepts cookies and website data only from the website you’re currently visiting. Websites often have embedded content from other sources. Safari does not allow these third parties to store or access cookies or other data.
- Allow from websites I visit: Safari accepts cookies and website data only from websites you visit. Safari uses your existing cookies to determine whether you have visited a website before. Selecting this option helps prevent websites that have embedded content in other websites you browse from storing cookies and data on your Mac.
- Always allow: Safari lets all websites, third parties, and advertisers store cookies and other data on your Mac.
Cookies essential to website operations
|1st party cookies|
|JSESSIONID||Unique session ID||Session|
|CARTCOOKIE||Cart/Basket ID||1 month|
|userId||Customer UID||Up to 5 years|
|firstVisitTS||Timestamp of first visit||Up to 2 years|
|alreadyOpenedBasket||Used for event tracking||Up to 1 day|
|selectedCurrency||Multi-currency functionality||Up to 5 years|
|addAddressVisibility||Showing / hiding the add address form||Up to 5 years|
|awaid||Affiliate tracking||Up to 1 month|
Analytics and Marketing
|1st party cookies|
|These cookies enable Google Analytics. This helps us take site data to improve the website and your experience whilst on the website, and to tailor marketing to you.||Up to 2 years|
|Google Adwords||These cookies enable Google Adwords to track what advertisements you click on whilst on the website.||Up to 30 days|
To make our emails and SMS marketing more tailored and relevant to you, we collect data to help understand your shopping journey and how you interact with marketing material so that we can improve what we send you via targeted and tailored marketing messages.
|Up to 2 years|
|Firebase (Office App only)||
Google Analytics for Firebase and Firebase Performance Monitoring both collect certain information in their default implementation.
Firebase data policy: Click Here
We take security seriously and we take precautions to keep your Personal Information secure. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect and endeavour to only work with third parties who provide equivalent protections (for example, if you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted to ensure its security). However, due to the open communication nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us, or information stored on our servers, will be free from unauthorised access by third parties.
Please note, that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and, although we will take steps to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted via the Website and/or our apps – any transmission is therefore at your own risk.
13. YOUR CONTROL OVER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your Personal Information in the following ways:
- Whenever you purchase a product from OFFCUTS you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from the relevant company by ticking the email marketing and/or mobile text alerts opt-out boxes at checkout.
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on any of the Website, but you do not purchase product(s) from OFFCUTS there is a box that you can click to indicate that you want the information to be used by OFFCUTS for direct marketing purposes. By leaving this box un-ticked, unless you have explicitly opted-in for the relevant communications at another time, you will not receive the relevant communications.
If you change your mind and decide you do not wish to receive communications from Offcutsshoes or any of our group companies, you can unsubscribe by clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link at the top or bottom of any emails or text messages you receive from us, or by emailing us at email@example.com. Please also note that, if we ask you to "opt in" at the point of checkout and you have already subscribed with us, we won't treat you as unsubscribing just because you don't re opt-in with every purchase.
You may request a copy of the Personal Information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Legislation, for which no fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you, please contact us using the details below, or write to OFFICE HR (SAR), Office Holdings LTD, Classic House, Martha's Buildings, 180 Old Street, London EC1V 9BP and we will respond to give you all the information we are required to provide by law. Alternatively, you can email your request to SAR@office.co.uk. In most instances we will provide the information within one month of receipt of your request, unless the request is particularly complex or we receive a large number of requests within that period, where we have the right to extend this period for two additional months. In this instance we will notify you of the delay and our justification.
You have the right to request that we amend your Personal Information (or part thereof) if you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete. You also have the right to ask us to erase or stop processing any Personal Information we have about you where there is no longer a legal ground for us to hold it and, in some circumstances, you have the right to request that we transfer any information we hold about you to a specified third party. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address or using the details below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
14. HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Unless otherwise instructed by you, we will retain your Personal Information for only as long as we require for the purposes for which it was collected. Once the relevant purpose has been satisfied, we will securely delete or anonymise your Personal Information unless we are required to retain a copy of such information under applicable law.
15. LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES
We may provide links to third party websites from time to time that we believe may be of interest to you. We do not control these websites and advise you to read the privacy statement applicable to each third party site you visit and we will not accept any responsibility for or liability in respect of either the contents or your use of these third party sites.
16. WHAT IS THE DATA PROTECTION LEGISLATION?
Data Protection Legislation means any law applicable from time to time relating to the processing of Personal Information and/or privacy, as in force at the date of this Agreement or as re-enacted, applied, amended, superseded, repealed or consolidated, including without limitation, the UK Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, in each case including any legally binding regulations, direction and orders issued from time to time under or in connection with any such law).
Should you have any queries or complaints in relation to how we use your Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org using the details set out at section 19 below. Should you wish to take any complaints or queries further, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner's Office regarding such issues.
18. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
We may change this Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time and any changes we make will be posted on our Websites and, where appropriate, notified to you when you next access any of the Websites or make a purchase with us. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are aware of the latest version of this Privacy and Cookies Policy and your continued use of our Websites will be deemed to be your acceptance of any revised terms.
19. CONTACT US
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by email at: email@example.com Alternatively, you may call our team on 0330 100 1906, Monday to Thursday: 9am to 7pm, Friday: 9am to 6pm and Saturday 9.30am to 4.30pm.
I’ve received an email from you that looks suspicious
Any emails sent from OFFCUTS will be from an office.co.uk email address. Should you be unsure if an email you have received is genuine, we’d suggest checking the sender email address. If this isn’t an office.co.uk domain, we’d recommend you delete the email and do not open any links within the content. We’re really sorry if you have received a phishing email that appears to be from OFFICE and would like to assure you that we’ll never contact you by phone or emails asking for you to confirm password.